Richie Incognito Held For Psychiatric Evaluation After Gym Altercation

Richie Incognito was handcuffed and has been placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold after he threw a dumbbell at a man at his gym and said the government was trying to get him

Incognito told officers he had taken "Shroom Tech", an over-the-counter supplement. "I can't have anybody in blue tooth capability or taking pictures of me".

Sources also told TMZ that Incognito had been acting unusual at the gym the previous day, but did not become violent.

"A gentleman threw - he chucked a tennis ball at me for no reason".

A man called 911, claiming Incognito attacked him.

'He then went to the boxing mannequin and tore it off its pedestal and threw it on the ground in a wrestling move and sat on its face, ' Mark recalled to TMZ.

Officers said when they tried to tell Incognito they were concerned he would hurt someone or himself; he asked a woman at the gym to call the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

According to the report, Incognito told a Lifetime Fitness employee "don't f--g cross the line", after Incognito was allegedly "acting erratically, throwing things at staff". Incognito also asked a woman in the pool to call the Federal Bureau of Investigation after the officers expressed their concerns with Incognito's behavior, according to the report.

Incognito 34 was removed from the upscale Life Time Gym in Boca Raton Florida on Wednesday morning following the altercation
Incognito 34 was removed from the upscale Life Time Gym in Boca Raton Florida on Wednesday morning following the altercation

Officers approached Incognito to find out what was going on.

Officers took Incognito into custody under the Baker Act, which allows for involuntary psychiatric commitment for people seen as a danger to themselves or others.

Law enforcement tells us Incognito was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold to be evaluated. He signed with the Miami Dolphins in 2010 and was one of the central figures in the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal in 2013.

In the wake of a report that detailed his harassment of Martin, which included racist remarks, Incognito spent a year and a half out of the National Football League before the Bills signed him for the 2015 season.

A week later, Incognito posted a series of vague Tweets which eventually led to him announcing his retirement.

And when he said he wanted to come back, the Buffalo Bills released Incognito from the reserve/retired list making the 34 year old a free agent. The Bills cut him despite having him under contract and with a significant need on the offensive line.

Related:

Comments

Other news