British police arrest third man in London bomb attack investigation

British police arrest third man in London bomb attack investigation

The 18-year-old refugee, believed to be Iraqi, was a "problem" to and they had been contacting officials saying that they were unable to cope, it was said. Previous attacks in London this year at Westminster Bridge, London Bridge and Finsbury Park as well as a blast at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester killed dozens of people and injured more than 150.

"This continues to be a fast-moving investigation, " Commander Dean Haydon, head of counter-terrorism for the Metropolitan Police", said in a statement.

Green says "I would urge anyone from the president of the United States on downwards not to tweet" about activities during an active police terror investigation.

British police on Saturday arrested an 18-year-old man in the port of Dover and raided a property in Sunbury, a small town outside London, as they hunted for whoever planted the device.

Another two suspects had earlier been arrested.

A third man, 25, who was arrested at a separate address in Newport shortly after 7pm on Tuesday, and two other suspects detained on Saturday remain in custody, taking the total number of arrests to five.

Police on Monday revealed the identity of one of the two suspects arrested in connection with the terror attack on a London Tube train that left 30 people injured, authorities said.

Sunbury is where the first arrest of a so-far unnamed man, 18, occurred.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, National Lead for Counter Terrorism Policing provided an update on the Parsons Green Investigation and the threat level to the United Kingdom from worldwide terrorism being reduced from critical to severe, he said:"The high pace and rapid progress of this investigation is continuing". The man was seen on camera leaving a house which police later searched.

The explosive went off on an eastbound District line service at Parsons Green station at around 8:20 a.m. on Friday last week, injuring 30 people. This operation has allowed the police to put the hand on "multiple objects", while the suspect has been transferred to a police station in London, has detailed Neil Basu.

The terror threat level in the United Kingdom was raised to its maximum level after the attack, but was downgraded to severe on Sunday after the first two arrests.

Related:

Comments

Other news