Insane Video Emerges After Cop Somehow Survives Bullet to Neck

Dramatic surveillance video recorded by a pair of eyeglasses with a camera in them captured the moment a South Carolina officer was shot at least three times on New Year’s Day in 2016

"Tell my family that I love them", Smith says to a dispatcher after frantically running back to his police auto, covered in blood.

Quincy Smith is fired on several times as he tries to apprehend a suspected thief in Estill, South Carolina.

"A camera in Smith's glasses, which the officer purchased for himself on Amazon, captured the incident", said officials with the solicitor's office. Video shows the officer escaping to his patrol vehicle to call for backup.

The police officer could be heard telling Orr five separate times to take his hands out from his pockets.

Smith was responding to a call about a suspicious person after Charles Party Shop informed police a man was snatching groceries from people's hands, reported the State. Smith panicked, and ran back to his unit. "Violence and guns aren't the answer, that's why I became a police officer", Smith said. He spotted a man, later identified as Malcolm Orr, walking away from the store who fit the description and ordered him to stop. Smith screamed. "My left arm is broken". Smith then threatened to use his stun gun on Orr if he did not comply with his order to stop.

"Shots fired!" Smith yells into his handheld radio, the high-definition image spinning as if the glasses were flung from the roof of a building.

A passer-by comes to his aid and attempts to assure him: "I've seen you after that boy". "Stay with me man", the man said.

"I'm hit in my neck some place", he told the dispatcher. I don't know. Where are you shot at? It will take Smith to Memorial Health Medical Center in Savannah, Ga. "I'm here with the officer, my name is J. Tompkins".

Smith remained conscious as bystanders tried to keep him calm.

A woman can be heard in the background screaming: "Quincy, you OK baby, Oh God Jesus". A few minutes, later the ambulance arrives to pick up Smith, who is still alive.

Solicitor Duffie Stone announced Wednesday that a jury found 29-year-old Malcolm Orr of Estill guilty of attempted murder and possessing a weapon in a violent crime.



Other news