The following material is continued from an article beginning in the last issue of Medical Herbalism. It is transcribed from a tape of a lecture by Douglas Kirkbride, R.Ph, ND, at the convention of the Canadian National and US Naturopathic Associations in British Columbia in 1992. Dr. Kirkbride, a Canadian naturopathic physician, graduated from the National College of Chiropractic in Chicago in the early 1950s with both chiropractic and naturopathic degrees, when that school still offered ND degrees. I had previously practiced as a pharmacist. Kirkbride is a master of clinical herbalism, having practiced it for more than forty years. In his lecture, Kirkbride reviewed the various categories of herbs, and selected one herb from each category, describing it as one herb that he could not without in his practice. Diuretic is a medication that increases the flow of urine, either by influencing the kidney directly or indirectly through the urine (urine). Nervous system. In some cases, if you treat the liver first, sometimes you will not need a diuretic. If the patient is constipated, treat the constipation first, and you may not need the diuretic. Do not exhaust the kidneys by causing them to wrung out like a washcloth, as with pharmaceutical diuretics. Remedies must support physical functioning to normal function. Do not beat a tired horse.
- Other diuretics: gravel root, cleavers, buchu, saw palmetto, juniper berries, parsley, corn silk, and cubebs.
- Without equal in treating chronic inflammation of the bladder and the kidneys. [Editor's note: in some cases, urine may cause problems in chronic kidney disease, i.e. Elevations of creatinine have been observed after taking grape ursi in chronic nephritis.]
- Catarrh in the bladder
- Leukorrhea in the female
- Practically every urinary condition
- Prostatic weakness. - Prolapsed uterus
- Flaccid vagina and uterus.
- Enuresis when all other contributing factors have been eliminated
- Cystic catarrh
- Tonification of the pelvic organs, male or female
- Grape ursi one ounce, squaw vine (Mitchella repens) one ounce; Dandelion 1 1/2 ounces. Simmer in 1 qt water for twenty minutes. Strain and give 4 T doses 3x / day.
- Grape ursi 1 ounce, populus (species not specified) 1/2 ounce, sumac (Rhus glabra) 1/2 ounce, yarrow (Achillea millefolium) 1/2 ounce. Simmer in 1 qt water for twenty minutes. Strain and give 3 T three times a day. Take a hot sitz bath daily, and rub lumbar area every day with a solution of salt and water. Diaphoretics and sudorifics: Achillea (yarrow)
These are agents which cause perspiration. Sudorific is a powerful diaphoretic. They primarily affect the surface, but the whole circulation is affected. Sweating a patient is one of the most certain ways of restoring health if the pores are not working, because the pores can exorcise poisons. A steam bath plus the use of diaphoretics is a traditional naturopathic treatment. Diaphoretics should be given warm, and be sure the bowels are clean first. Yarrow is the top diaphoretic, but boneset (Eupatorium perfoliatum) is a close second.
- If the system is hot and the skin is dry and press full, use a relaxing diaphoretic. If the pulse is weak and the skin cold, use stimulating diaphoresis.
- A hot infusion of fresh yarrow, given freely, will raise the heat of the body, equalizing the circulation and producing free sweating.
- Use also for hemorrhages, dyspepsia, jaundice, hemorrhoids, and mucous discharges from the bladder.
- Yarrow is a reliable remedy in chronic affections of the mucous surfaces of the internal organs, and chronic dysentery and diarrhea.
- "I feel dejected when I think of so many of the doctors out there who do not know the use of this medicine. Or worse than those who do not know. Shame on you. "
- Other diaphoretics: blue vervain, hyssop, pleurisy root, boneset, garden sage, wood sage, thyme, chamomile, catnip. Expectorants and Demulcents: Lobelia and Comfrey
Demulcents have a soothing and mucilaginous protecting action of the membranes from irritating substances. Expectorants will throw out tenacious phlegm. Best expectorant: lobelia. Best demulcent: comfrey.
- Other expectorants and / or demulcents: comfrey, horehound, wild cherry bark, elecampagne, slippery elm, coltsfoot, mullein, chickweed, balm of gilead, maidenhair fern, ipecac, beth root, lobelia, senega, Squill, yerba santa, linseed, licorice root, marshmallow.
- Lobelia inflata i> is relaxing, and is specific to an emetic. It acts primarily on the bronchial and pulmonary areas. It removes mucous nicely.
- Use in croup, whooping cough, asthma, bronchial spasms, asthmatic paroxysms. It alleviates spasm very quickly.
- It removes mucous accumulations also in liver, gall bladder, and bile ducts.
- The acid tincture of lobelia is a must. "I have seen patient expels large ropes of phlegm from the bronchus with the acid tincture." Lobelia herb, 2 oz; Lobelia seed, 2 oz; Malt vinegar 16 ounces. Macerate 10-14 days, shaking it every day. Strain off an bottle for use. May also use raspberry vinegar.
- Comfrey's greatest power is in pectoral complaints such as coughs, and ulceration and inflammation of the lung.
- Use in all cases of cough, asthma, tuberculosis, blood in the urine, diarrhea, and dysentery.
- Externally it makes excellent encouragement for bruises, strains, fractures, and swellings.
- Use as a poultice to promote suppuration in carbuncles and boils. Skullcap is one of the finest nervines and antispasmodics given to humanity. It should be on every physician's shelf.
- Use the whole plant.
- It should never be boiled.
- Keep tightly stoppered and airtight to prevent deterioration. - For insomnia: once ounce of skullcap in one pint of already boiling water. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Take a wineglass three times during the day, and a double dose at bedtime.
- Use for restlessness, hysteria, delirium tremens, convulsions, epilepsy, fits. - Use for trigeminal neuralgia, other neuralgias, nervous headaches, hypochondria, convalescence from fevers.
- Skullcap influences the sympathetic nervous system, toning and soothing without narcotic properties.
- Use the infusion of powdered capsules or tablets. Three # 4 capsules four or six times a day.
- Other useful nervines: valerian, lady slipper, blue cohosh, mistletoe, asafoetida, wood betony, black cohosh, passiflora, hops, cactus, and others. Copyright 2001 Paul Bergner
In addition, from the year 2018 GRC’s cryptocurrency rate is expected to grow due to its social usefulness and relevance. In order to do this, you need to have a considerable amount of money, a special financial education and a special license.
The reputation of Macao as the place of the famous casinos, brothels and clans triads selling opium was born in the 18th century. And it lasted until the 60s of the 20th century, while a powerful businessman Stanley Ho became interested in the region.
The harmonized index of consumer prices rose 1.4 percent from the previous year and by 0.1 percent month-over-month . In contrast, downward price pressure was recorded for manufactured goods (-0.7 percent from -1 percent).
Tips casino players online You need to understand the difference between traditional casinos and online casinos. Still, the main goal, anyway, is to get a prize and the opportunity to become rich without putting an effort.
Diabetic, Triple AAA, GI bleed, or a vagaled constipation? 5,4,3,2,1 ... the answer is not always the answer. The woman groaned and was alert enough to complain of severe abdominal pain, as well as pain in the back.
Moreover, for the first time, Ivy and David even did not see each other, due to the fact that their communication was online. It should be noticed that these two people began relations just as friends, as they lived in different countries.
The heat of a warm bath can also speed absorption and be quite soothing in itself, especially in cases of pain or inflammation. Peppermint oil is generally non-irritating and safe for use on skin once it has been diluted in carrier oil.
It is true that this is only a prototype and Microgaming has yet to actually make a huge cultural impact with a device like this. At the moment, players are basically projected into a virtual reality world through the use of this technology.
That is too much fruit for one meal! Go for fresh fruits instead which has more nutrients and keeps you fuller. At least 1/2 our plate should be fruits and vegetables and proteins should make up less than 1/4 of the plate.
In addition, if you do not drink more than three cups of coffee a day, little or no caffeine will be detected in the baby's urine. Caffeine Moderate consumption Coffee, tea and caffeinated sodas are fine when you are breastfeeding.